Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thanks again!

Now that I'm back from vacation (8 days in sunny Florida) and a trip to Athens, Ohio to broadcast the Brown-Ohio CBI Tournament game, I wanted to pass along my thanks to all of you who have taken the time to post comments on my blog.

I have read all of your comments and REALLY DO appreciate all of your kind words of support. It means alot to me, especially at this time when things are difficult for me and my family. I have even read the Journal's blog entries and want to thank all of the Score listeners who had nice things to say as well. As for those Score-haters who took their shots at the station's demise or myself, Gresh or Zo, what can I say? You're obviously happy to see the station close up shop and apparently not too concerned about any of us who lost our jobs. I respect your opinions and hope that you never have to face such a situation in your lives AND be criticized for it on internet bulletin boards. But enough about the nay-sayers.

I loved my job and the thousands of GREAT people who listened to the Score. I will miss talking to you, reading or replying to your e-mails and hanging out with you at various events. If you want to stay in touch, feel free to e-mail me at: scordischi@verizon.net
I would love to hear from you all.

As I said in an earlier blog, I do not know what is next for me professionally. I have had some offers for part time radio and TV stuff locally and may accept some of them. At the same time, I need a stable full-time job to support my wife and 2 young kids and the radio business does not neccessarily provide that stability. I have also been asked to talk to some people about full time employment which I will do shortly.

As for the person who wondered if I will continue to do Brown football and basketball, I certainly hope so! Brown has been GREAT to me and has told me that they would like me to continue doing their games. However, it will all depend upon what my next full time job is and whether or not I will be able to fit it into my schedule. Again, I certainly hope that I can.

Once again, many thanks to all of you and please keep in touch. I will try to update the blog periodically.

Thanks!

Scott

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott,
It's been several weeks and I still can't beleive it! I was crushed when I first heard the news. :-( You were so good at your job and you will be truly missed on the radio. I know that you will bounce right back. As for Miami... I heard we will be doing our own trip... Joe Costa is on it!!! :-)
Keep smiling...
Tricia Charves

scott cordischi said...

Thanks Tricia! I sent you a detailed e-mail responding to yours. I really look forward to spending many more years ahead in Miami with you, Steve and a bunch of us who all met through the Score Miami trip. We will definitely keep it alive!